- 85% of drivers are distracted by their phone while driving.
- 1 out of 6 mins Drivers are on their phone for 1 out of every 6 minutes while driving.
- 71% are texting 71% of drivers are texting while driving.
Putting down the phone saves lives.
- Traffic Fatalities Continue to Rise says the NSC Earlier this week, the National Safety Council released its traffic fatality estimates for 2016. The numbers are staggering: over 40,000 people died in accidents involving motor vehicles in 2016. That represents a 6 percent rise from 2015, which, when compounded with the previous year’s increase, results in the largest two-year increase -14 percent–in over 50 […]
- Recognizing Brands for Positive Messaging Around Distracted Free Driving This month we are recognizing Phone Free February. As part that we are highlighting brands that have encouraged their customers to go distraction and/or phone free in the most inspiringly beautiful ways. If you’ve seen a distracted driving ad you’ve probably been reminded of the horrible but real consequences of driving distracted. The statistics are overwhelming; […]
- The Road to Zero Coalition Road to Zero is an initiative launched earlier this year by the National Safety Council, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration with the goal of eliminating traffic fatalities within the next 30 years. We here at TrueMotion are in full support of the initiative. […]
- Road to Zero: Why Self-Driving Cars Won’t Save Us The National Safety Council (NSC) has launched a new initiative that takes aim at the rising trend of auto fatalities. The campaign, dubbed “Road to Zero” aims to “eliminate traffic fatalities within the next 30 years.” While we very much laud the initiative’s lofty goal, its reliance on new technologies like driverless cars and smart […]
- Year-End Update: The Current State of Distraction [INFOGRAPHIC] To get the TrueMotion app >> gotruemotion.com/app choose your application and click to download.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers Your teen’s first time behind the wheel can be stressful for a number of reasons: it’s a sign they’re growing up, they have more freedom (and are more apt to get into trouble), and there’s a higher chance they could get into a crash. But your child’s first driving experience is sure to cause stress in […]
- NSC: What Driver Data Tells Us About Distracted Driving Earlier this year, the National Safety Council (NSC) released data from a public opinion poll that explored attitudes and behaviors of U.S. drivers with regards to unsafe driving behaviors, with a particular emphasis on distracted driving. The results are not revolutionary—participants admitted to using phones and other devices at levels similar to data collected by […]
- Are Teen Drivers Actually Better Drivers? As the U.S. observes this year’s National Teen Driver Safety Week, we have some promising news to share: it looks like all teen drivers might not be quite as risky as we thought. Over the past four weeks, 80 Sharon High School students have been participating in the very first TrueMotion Driver Challenge. Drivers (a […]
- Why Safe Driving Pledges Are Not Enough If your teen has taken a pledge, does that mean you can check the potential harm or unwanted behavior off your list of worries? Research on the effectiveness of pledges suggests that you cannot—and more importantly—should not. Analysis of data from a large federal survey found that more than half of youths became sexually active […]
- Quarterly Update: The Current State of Distraction [INFOGRAPHIC] Surely it won’t catch anyone by surprise if we tell you that things are not getting any better. According to statistics recently published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 35,092 people died in crashes on U.S. roads during 2015. That’s a 7.2% increase from 2014, and the largest percentage jump in nearly 50 years. To make things worse, that […]
- Jake Griffin – A Teen Driver Profile: From NASCAR to Speaking Out Against Distracted Driving To say Jake Griffin started racing from a young age would be an understatement. Jake still remembers the elation of Christmas morning when he was three years old: his dad gifted him a four wheeler. That year, he was already out racing in the circle track JV league. At age 5, he was racing adults. […]
- How to Reduce Summer-time Risks for Your Teen Driver It’s that time of the year. Students are heading back to the classroom. And with that comes more teen drivers on the road. Teen drivers average approximately 44 percent more hours behind the wheel per week during summer vacation than during the school year, according to Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD). And according to a […]