- 85% of drivers are distracted by their phone while driving.
- 1 out of 6 mins Drivers are on their phone for 1 out of every 6 minutes while driving.
- 71% are texting 71% of drivers are texting while driving.
Putting down the phone saves lives.
- We’re launching a distracted driving research study with Penn Medicine and Progressive We’re excited to announce a research project with Penn Medicine and Progressive to study strategies that reduce distracted driving. The strategies will focus on the effects of distracted driving interventions. The interventions will be delivered to users’ smartphones – “nudging” them to reduce distraction. Here’s how the study will work: Progressive Snapshot customers will be […]
- Everything you need to talk distracted driving with your teen driver Giving the car keys to your teen for the first time is stressful for any parent. It can feel like their safety is out of your control. It’s no wonder – teen driver fatalities have increased every year since 2015. Teens are more distracted drivers than their parents. And, they’re less experienced drivers. So what […]
- What teens think about distracted driving We all talk about the problem of teen distracted driving. Insurers have special programs that promote safe driving for teens. Parents rank texting and driving among their top concerns for their teen drivers. But what do teens think about distracted driving themselves? To find out, we asked teen drivers who use TrueMotion Family, our app […]
- These are the auto insurance programs that focus on teen safety There are a lot of things parents with teens worry about these days. But, among TrueMotion Family parents at least, texting and driving is at the top of the list. 78% of parents say texting and driving is a top concern for their teen. And only 17% think their insurance company is doing enough to […]
- [INFOGRAPHIC] Teen drivers are more distracted than their parents If someone asked you who you think is more distracted – a teen or their parent – you’d likely say the teen. And you’d be right. We dug into the data and compared the distracted driving behaviors of teens and parents from June 1 through mid August spanning 6.7 million miles. We found that teens are over 50% […]
- Your intuition was right. Your teen does text and drive more than you. TrueMotion Family parents’ number one concern for their kids is texting and driving. 78% of parents who use TrueMotion Family rate it as a concern. Other top concerns are depression/anxiety and drinking and driving – both a concern for 42% of parents. But distracted driving isn’t getting the same exposure as problems like teen depression […]
- TrueMotion Family parents talk distracted driving with their teen drivers We recently asked TrueMotion Family parents what their top concerns are for their teens. Their number one concern – by a long shot – was texting and driving. Phone addiction for teens is a problem outside of the car. Teens 13-18 use their phone 9 hours per day. 59% are so addicted they can’t give […]
- Parents’ top concerns for their teen drivers It’s that time of year – back to school. And teens are ready to hit the road. Some are heading back to high school. Others are heading off to college or already there. Some are driving to school for the first time. Parents are concerned – and rightly so. Car crashes are the number one […]
- We can save lives in Massachusetts today When I was in high school, a truck crashed into my car, ripping it in half. My head smashed through the window. The impact launched the rear of the car around and the taillight bashed my head. Shattered glass was everywhere. I had so much blood in my eyes I thought I was blind. It […]
- There’s 1 distracted driving incident per minute in front of MA’s State House There’s one distracted driving incident per minute in front of Massachusetts’ State House. Every day last week, from 8:30 to 9:30 AM, we sat in front of the State House on the corner of Beacon and Park counting distracted drivers. This included anyone who was using their phone texting (illegal), dialing (legal), and making handheld […]
- Let’s pass the hands-free bill in MA We have until July 31 to pass a handheld ban in Massachusetts and make a real impact on distracted driving. After that, it’s effectively back the drawing board. If you’re in MA, here’s what you can do to help: 1. Write or call Robert DeLeo, MA’s House Speaker – Robert.DeLeo@mahouse.gov. 617-722-2500. An email template and […]
- Distracted driving on 4th of July was higher in 2018 Two weeks ago we reported that distracted driving is up 10% in summer 2018. Memorial Day 2018 was up 3%. And we were waiting for July 4th this year to see what would happen. Well, the numbers are in – distracted driving was up this 4th of July. Compared to 2017, texting and app use while […]