- 85% of drivers are distracted by their phone while driving.
- 1 out of 6 mins Drivers are on their phone for 1 out of every 6 minutes while driving.
- 71% are texting 71% of drivers are texting while driving.
Putting down the phone saves lives.
- These are the auto insurance programs that focus on teen safety There are a lot of things parents with teens worry about these days. But, among TrueMotion Family parents at least, texting and driving is at the top of the list. 78% of parents say texting and driving is a top concern for their teen. And only 17% think their insurance company is doing enough to […]
- [INFOGRAPHIC] Teen drivers are more distracted than their parents If someone asked you who you think is more distracted – a teen or their parent – you’d likely say the teen. And you’d be right. We dug into the data and compared the distracted driving behaviors of teens and parents from June 1 through mid August spanning 6.7 million miles. We found that teens are over 50% […]
- Your intuition was right. Your teen does text and drive more than you. TrueMotion Family parents’ number one concern for their kids is texting and driving. 78% of parents who use TrueMotion Family rate it as a concern. Other top concerns are depression/anxiety and drinking and driving – both a concern for 42% of parents. But distracted driving isn’t getting the same exposure as problems like teen depression […]
- TrueMotion Family parents talk distracted driving with their teen drivers We recently asked TrueMotion Family parents what their top concerns are for their teens. Their number one concern – by a long shot – was texting and driving. Phone addiction for teens is a problem outside of the car. Teens 13-18 use their phone 9 hours per day. 59% are so addicted they can’t give […]
- We can save lives in Massachusetts today When I was in high school, a truck crashed into my car, ripping it in half. My head smashed through the window. The impact launched the rear of the car around and the taillight bashed my head. Shattered glass was everywhere. I had so much blood in my eyes I thought I was blind. It […]
- There’s 1 distracted driving incident per minute in front of MA’s State House There’s one distracted driving incident per minute in front of Massachusetts’ State House. Every day last week, from 8:30 to 9:30 AM, we sat in front of the State House on the corner of Beacon and Park counting distracted drivers. This included anyone who was using their phone texting (illegal), dialing (legal), and making handheld […]
- Let’s pass the hands-free bill in MA We have until July 31 to pass a handheld ban in Massachusetts and make a real impact on distracted driving. After that, it’s effectively back the drawing board. If you’re in MA, here’s what you can do to help: 1. Write or call Robert DeLeo, MA’s House Speaker – Robert.DeLeo@mahouse.gov. 617-722-2500. An email template and […]
- Distracted driving on 4th of July was higher in 2018 Two weeks ago we reported that distracted driving is up 10% in summer 2018. Memorial Day 2018 was up 3%. And we were waiting for July 4th this year to see what would happen. Well, the numbers are in – distracted driving was up this 4th of July. Compared to 2017, texting and app use while […]
- Distracted driving laws, fines, reporting, and performance by state Distracted driving affects everyone on the road, but states fight distracted driving differently. It’s hard to get a complete view of what’s actually going on with distracted driving by state. There are a few sites that include the laws states have for handheld devices and texting while driving. But if you want more detail on […]
- Distraction is up in summer 2018 July 4th is next week. It’s a unique holiday from a driving perspective – millions of people will hit the road just before dark to watch colorful explosions take over the night sky. How distracted can you expect them to be? Our latest research shows distracted driving is similar for summer holidays and weekdays – […]
- 4 characteristics that signal bad driving habits Influencing driver behavior is a key ingredient to improving road safety. Technology is the best way to collect detailed information about individual drivers, such as actual (vs self-reported) driving abilities and to monitor and interpret those driving behaviors. Through data (or insights) collection technology can bridge the gap and better characterize risky driving behavior, such […]
- Texting during holiday driving: It’s worse than you thought If you’re like roughly one third of Americans, you traveled somewhere by car this holiday season to spend time with family and friends, and to eat, drink, and generally be merry. Unfortunately, the winter holidays are among the most dangerous days to drive throughout the year – over 27,000 people are seriously injured in car […]